While a product’s efficacy cannot be guaranteed, the over 80% success rate of the ThunderShirt means it’s doing a great job in helping relieve dog anxiety.
*There are affiliate links in this post, which means if you purchase anything I may make a commission. This has no effect on the price for you.
Is any of this familiar?
- You are about to start campaigning for a ban on fireworks because your dog freaks out every time
- The sound of rumblings in the sky send both of you into a panic
- Your dog is destroying your home because he can’t handle being left alone
- Your old dog has dementia and can’t stop circling or pacing
- You leave your pup out of family day trips because he can’t handle a car ride
- You can’t find the “off” switch when he starts to bark
I know how sad and frustrating it is, not to have found some relief for your precious pup’s anxiety. Well, perhaps you just have!
What the heck is a ThunderShirt?
Better let the experts tell you, so here is a quote from their website.
“Like swaddling an infant, ThunderShirt applies a gentle, constant pressure to your dog or cat’s torso. Research on both humans and animals suggests that this type of pressure can release a calming hormone like oxytocin or endorphins (there is a reason we love hugs!). This calming pressure is helpful for over 80% of pets.”
Let’s take a closer look
- It couldn’t be easier to put on, it’s just like any coat
- It’s available in 7 sizes so you’re bound to find one that fits your dog
- Over 80% success rate – Read about the surveys and results here.
- Safe to leave on your dog for extended periods of time, but in those cases the makers recommend removing it at least twice a day
- It is made from a thin, breathable fabric so overheating has not been an issue according to the company
- Machine washable on cold using regular detergent, and don’t forget to connect the hooks so they don’t get caught on other fabrics
- Money back guarantee, details of which can be found on their website
- If supporting companies that give back is important to you, you’ll be happy to know ThunderShirts are donated to rescues across the country. New recipients are chosen monthly…How fab is that!
“I’ve spent a fortune over the years on plug ins, pheromone sprays and prescription medications and nothing has helped with LuLu’s anxiety. I put this shirt on her and no more panting and pacing, she lay on the sofa next to me all night!”
“My dog has had dementia for the past 2 years and it’s been a struggle trying to find something to calm him down. He’s anxious all the time – paces, circles, barely rests. I am on a tight budget, I don’t sleep well and I was feeling desperate so I ordered one. I had to try it 2 or 3 times before Charlie started to relax, but the difference in him now is incredible. He’s like a new dog. Thank you, thank you!”
“This was a great choice for our big move! We had a seven hour car ride with my senior dog who has quite severe anxiety if she’s in the car too long. It worked like a charm and she slept most of the way.”
“At the first sound of fireworks or a thunderstorm Nigel would be under the bed, and wouldn’t come out for hours. I have been so afraid he would have a heart attack one day. The ThunderShirt has calmed him down so much, it’s a miracle.”
The only drawback I can find is that there is no guarantee it will work for every dog. I know how many dogs are suffering, and I wish there was something to help them all.
When you have a dog that suffers from anxiety, no matter the cause, it is heart breaking to watch and frustrating when nothing you’ve tried to this point has helped.
If you are looking for a way to relieve dog anxiety and you feel like you’ve tried everything, I highly recommend you try the ThunderShirt.
It’s drug free, has an 80% success rate, and the number of satisfied humans and pups cannot be disputed. I have also heard some incredible success stories from members of my FB group, Senior Dog Care Club. Their dogs were suffering from varying degrees of anxiety due to vision or hearing loss and dementia, and the ThunderShirt made the biggest difference.
On a personal note – I prefer to support a company that does good whenever possible. I was blown away by their return policy and I think they’re even more fabulous because of it.
“We stand behind our product! If for any reason our ThunderWorks product isn’t the right solution for your dog, please contact us within 45 days of the date you received your product. If your product is in good condition, we ask you donate the ThunderWorks product to your local shelter or rescue. Make sure you obtain proof of donation…once your donation has been verified, your refund will be processed and a credit will be automatically applied to your credit card or original method of payment within 7 days.”
What do you think, will you be giving it a try? I’d love to hear how it worked, and remember sharing helps others so leave me your story in the comment section below.